EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 35
RECONSTITUTING THE COMPOSITION OF THE CITY DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (CDC), ITS EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE (ExeCom) AND SECRETARIAT
WHEREAS, Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Particularly Sections 106 and 107 thereof provides for the reorganization/reconstitution of the City Development Council (CDC);
WHEREAS, the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) issued Memorandum Circular 2001-89 providing for the guidelines and procedures in reconstituting and reconsidering all local special bodies;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, JAPAL J. GUIANI, JR., Mayor of Cotabato City, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby order the reconstitution of the City Development Council (CDC), its Executive Committee and Secretariat to wit:
SECTION 1. COMPOSITION
Chairman - Honorable Japal J. Guiani, Jr.
City Budget Officer
City Civil Registrar
City Health Officer
City Social Welfare and Development Officer
City General Services Officer
City Legal Officer
37 Punong Barangays
Executive Chairman, City Tourism Promotion Board
Executive Director, Notre Dame Reconciliation Center
President, Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers (PICE)
Executive Director, Mantana Development Foundation
SECTION 2. FUNCTIONS.
a. City Development Council:
1. Formulate Executive Legislative Agenda (ELA), Long Term and Medium Term Development Plans and policies of the city.
2. Formulate the Annual Development Plan (ADP) and Annual Investment Plan (AIP).
3. Appraise and prioritize socio-economic development programs and projects.
4. Formulate local investment incentives to promote the inflow and direction of private investment capital.
5. Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of development programs and projects.
1. Ensures that the decisions of the Council are faithfully and expeditiously carried out and implemented.
2. Act on matters requiring immediate attention or action by the Council.
3. Formulate policies, plans and programs based on the general principles laid down by the Council.
4. Act on matters that may be authorized by the Council.
SECTION 3. MEETINGS
The City Development Council (CDC) shall meet at least once every six (6) months or as often as may be necessary, while the Executive Committee (ExeCom) shall meet once a month or as the need arises.
SECTION 4. REPEALING CLAUSE
All orders, issuances and memoranda issued inconsistent herewith are deemed superseded, cancelled and/or revoked.
SECTION 5. EFFECTIVITY. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Done in Cotabato City this 18th day of February 2011.