EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 36
INSTITUTIONALIZING PRE-MARRIAGE COUSELING IN COTABATO CITY AND CREATION OF THE PRE-MARRIAGE COUNSELING TEAM AS WELL AS DESIGNATING THE MEMBERS THEREOF
WHEREAS, it is the policy of Cotabato City to ensure that a happy marriage life and responsible parenthood could be achieved through a sound and effective pre-marriage counseling program;
WHEREAS, Pre-Marriage Counseling (PMC) is an official government program that is being required to all applicants for marriage license to receive instructions on family planning and responsible parenthood, it includes the dissemination of important and accurate information on marriage and relationships, human sexuality, maternal and child health, AIDS, and home management to prospective parents; and
WHEREAS, Cotabato City shall ensure an effective and efficient delivery of pre-marriage counseling services to prospective couples/parents through an institutionalized PMC Program geared towards achieving a happy family life and responsible parenthood.
WHERFORE, I, JAPAL J. GUIANI, JR., by the powers in me vested by law, do hereby create the City Pre-Marriage Counseling Team (PMC) with its composition, qualifications and functions cited as follows:
SECTION 1. COMPOSITION
TEAM LEADER: Chief of Population Division, Office on Social Welfare and Development Services (OSWDS)
MEMBERS: Counselor/Trained Representatives from among the following agencies and organization:
1. Registered Social Worker from OSWDS
2. Population Program Officer from OSWDS
3. Nurse/Midwife from City Heath Office (CHO)
SECTION 2. FUNCTIONS – The PMC Team is tasked to perform the following functions:
1. Develop and maintain a responsive mechanism to effectively implement the PMC program in the city.
2. Advocate for the effective implementation of the PMC program to ensure continued awareness and support for the program.
3. Undertake preparatory activities for the PMC sessions by
a. Disseminating information about the PMC program through the radio.
b. Posting schedules of the PMC sessions in the Office of the Local Civil Registrar (LCR), offices of mandatory members of the PMC team, and other conspicuous places in the city hall.
c. Ensuring appropriateness, readiness and availability of a venue for the PMC sessions.
d. Preparing schedules of PMC sessions for mandatory team members to enable them to plan these activities.
e. Ensuring the availability of the PMC supplies and materials.
4. Conduct a PMC session to not more than 15 couples at a time.
5. Issue PMC certificates which are signed by accredited mandatory PMC team members to engage couples who completed the PMC session.
SECTION 3. PMC SERVICE PROTOCOL
1. All engaged couples must first apply for marriage license at the LCR.
2. The LCR subsequently refers the engaged couple applicant to the PMC focal office, the OSWDS.
3. The engaged couple applicant will personally register for PMC and must accomplish the Marriage Expectation Inventory Form (MEIF) to help PMC Team in assessing their needs so as to give the Team an idea on what to approach and focus during the counseling sessions/seminars.
4. All engaged couple applicants must attend the four-hour PMC session to be conducted by the PMC team on the designated schedule.
5. Certificate of Pre-Marriage Counseling for the would-be couples below 25 years old shall be signed by all accredited PMC team members while those 25 years old and above shall be signed by at least one (1) accredited member.
6. The engaged couple applicant will return to the LCR and submit the PMC certificate to obtain the marriage license.
SECTION 4. PMC Session/Seminar Hall and Office
a. There shall be established an official and permanent PMC session/seminar hall and office to be determined by the City Mayor where all the sessions/seminars and other transactions and services pertaining to pre-marriage counseling are undertaken.
b. Pending the establishment of the above-mentioned hall and office, the CSWDO shall serve as a temporary venue for the PMC sessions/seminars.
SECTION 5. PMC Application fee.
a. There shall be collected a PMC application fee in the amount of P 50.00 per couple. Such amount shall be paid to the City Treasurer's Office, which shall be treated as a special account/trust fund.
b. Applicants who are indigents as certified by the CSWDO shall be exempted in paying the application fee.
SECTION 6. The City Mayor upon recommendation by the PMC Team may issue supplemental guidelines for the effective and efficient implementation of this Order.
SECTION 7. Separability Clause. Should any provision of this Order be declared unconstitutional or illegal by any Court of competent jurisdiction, those parts which are not declared shall remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 8. Repealing Clause. All orders, rules, regulations and other issuances or parts thereof, which are inconsistent with any provision of this Order are hereby repeated or modified accordingly.
SECTION 9. Effectivity Clause. This Order shall take effect immediately.
Done in the City of Cotabato this 18th day of February 2011.