WHEREAS, in the light of the economic crisis, the City Government of Cotabato has reassessed its financial performance and condition to ensure that its fiscal performance is on track;
WHEREAS, there is a need to maintain a prudent and firm fiscal posture to send positive signals about the local government's genuine commitment to curb unnecessary expenditures in terms of electricity, water and fuel consumption;
WHEREAS, the Local Finance Committee of this local government has affirmed the need for the city to identify cost-cutting or austerity measures;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, JAPAL J. GUIANI, JR., City Mayor of Cotabato City by virtue of the powers vested in me by law do hereby order and establish the following austerity measures;
SECTION 1. All departments concerned, including offices outside of the People's Palace, within the premises of this local government unit shall implement austerity measures to reduce unnecessary expenditures and enhance cost effectiveness and efficiency in government programs and projects. For this purpose, they shall identify and undertake measures that will reduce respective office expenditures in the areas of electricity, water, fuel, transportation expense, office supplies, and other expenditures.
SECTION 2. The measures may include the implementation and observance of any or all of the following:
1. Utilization of Air-condition facilities shall start at 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM only, except when the facility is being utilize as venue for seminars, trainings, orientations and other form of meetings and gatherings;
2. Utilization of lighting facilities within the workplace shall start at 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM except when the facility is being utilize relative to an approved overtime services or as venue for seminars, training, orientations and other form of meetings and gatherings;
3. Utilization of computer facilities shall only be official business only.
a. Use of personal computers, laptops, notebooks, tablets and other gadgets are strictly prohibited during office hours.
b. Utilization of computers for surfing, social networking, games and other related activities are strictly prohibited during office hours.
4. Deferment of the following activities:
a. Attendance to conferences by private sector entities where the cost shall be charged to the government;
b. Unnecessary travels that are not related to official functions and duties charged to the city government.
5. Streetlights, including all lighting facilities of public use of this local government which are utilized during the nighttime shall also be turned on at least 30 minutes later and turned off an hour earlier than its regular scheduled utilization. Sodium lights must be change to LED lights.
SECTION 3. All departments shall prepare their respective austerity programs consistent herewith and submit a report to the Office of the Mayor every quarter starting this month.
This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Done in Cotabato City this 14th day of June 2013.