WHEREAS, one of the major goals of the national government is to reduce poverty incidence in the country from 20.9 percent in 2009 to 14.2 percent in 2015, the MDG target;
WHEREAS, the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) and the National Anti Poverty Commission (NAPC) issued a joint circular providing Policy Guidelines and Procedures in the implementation of Grassroots Participatory Budgeting Process (GPBP) formerly known as Bottoms-Up Budgeting and Planning (BuBP) for Budget Preparation.
WHEREAS, GPBP/BuBP is an approach to formulating the budget proposal of national gov't agencies, taking into consideration the development needs of LGU beneficiariesas identified in their respective Local Poverty Reduction Action Plans (LPRAP) that shall be formulated with strong participation of basic sectors and civil society organizations.
WHEREAS, as a national strategy, the Human Development and Poverty Reduction Cluster (HDPRC) organized under E.O. No. 43 s. 2011, together with the DBM and the DILG have identified 1,634 LGUs for FYs-(2015, 2016 & 2017); in the grassroots participatory budgeting approach in planning and budgeting and ensure the inclusion of the funding requirements for the development needs of the selected focused local government units (LGUs) as identified and approved by the HDPRC in the budget proposals of participating national government agencies.
WHEREAS, Cotabato City is one of the beneficiary local government units in Region XII as focus local government unit targeted for poverty reduction programs/projects starting FY 2013 up to FY 2017.
WHEREAS, the program thrusts in the Poverty Strategy and the Anti-Poverty Localization and Participation Framework of the Aquino Administration is focused on: a) poorest of the poor; b) people's participation and empowerment; and c) rationalization of poverty reduction programs;
WHEREAS, peoples participation is greatly encourage in this initiative to introduce governance reforms that will make the planning and budgeting processes of government more participatory through the genuine involvement of grassroots organizations and communities.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, JAPAL J. GUIANI, JR, Mayor of Cotabato City, by virtue of the power vested in me by law do hereby order the organization and composition of the Local Poverty Reduction Action Team (LPRAT) for CY-2016 with the following:
SECTION 1. COMPOSITION OF THE LOCAL POVERTY REDUCTION ACTION TEAM (LPRAT):
B. FUNCTIONS OF THE LOCAL POVERTY REDUCTION ACTION TEAM
1. Shall spearhead the formulation and monitoring of the Local Poverty Reduction Action Plan (LPRAP);
2. Shall conduct a LPRAP workshop to formulate a Local Poverty Reduction Action Plan based on relevant economic and social data, as well as feedback from the members of the LPRAT;
3. Shall ensure active participation of CSOs, basic sector representatives and other non-government stakeholders as they shall help validate data and analysis that will be presented by the LGU;
4. Shall invite concerned Agency Regional Offices (AROs) to the workshop to provide information on the programs of their respective agencies and to provide technical assistance in the formulation of the LPRAP. The LPRAP shall identify a poverty reduction strategy to be undertaken by the LGU and other stakeholders;
5. Shall identify priority poverty reduction projects to be funded by the LGU and projects which will be submitted to national agencies for consideration in their 2015-2017 budgets.
SECTION 2. COMPOSITION OF TECHNICAL WORKING GROUP (TWG):
B. FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE TWG
1. Formulate plans, programs, strategies and policies for poverty reduction
2. Provide coordinative linkages with other agencies and institutions in the planning monitoring and evaluation of plans for poverty alleviation;
3. Establish and maintain database on poverty;
SECTION 3 – SECRETARIAT. The Secretariat of the shall be composed of three (3) staff of the City Planning & Development Office (CPDO)
SECTION 4 - Effectivity - This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
DONE in the City of Cotabato, Philippines this 29th day of December 2014.