ORGANIZING THE COTABATO CITY ANTI-DRUG ABUSE COUNCIL
WHEREAS, it is the policy of the State to safeguard the integrity of its territory and the well-being of its citizenry particularly the youth, from the harmful effects of dangerous drugs on their physical and mental well-being, and to defend the same against acts or omissions detrimental to their development and preservation;
WHEREAS, it is further declared the policy of the State to provide effective mechanisms or measures to re-integrate into society individuals who have fallen victims to drug abuse or dangerous drug dependence through sustainable programs of treatment and rehabilitation;
WHEREAS, there is a need for more community initiatives where everyone can participate to combat the evils spawned by drug abuse;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, JAPAL J. GUIANI, JR., Mayor of the City of Cotabato, by virtue of the powers vested in me by law, do hereby organize the Cotabato City Anti-Drug Abuse Council:
SECTION 1. COMPOSITION. The Cotabato City Anti-Drug Abuse Council (CADAC) shall be composed of the following:
SECTION 2. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE COUNCIL. The Cotabato City Anti-Drug Abuse Council shall perform the following roles and responsibilities:
1. Serve as focal point through which various organizations and individuals work together cooperatively in the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs on drug abuse prevention;
2. Provide for an effective mechanism for the coordination of existing services and programs and those which might be developed in the immediate future;
3. Provide for a mechanism to obtain funds, volunteer facilities and technical expertise;
4. Conduct information and education campaign on the ill-effects of illegal drugs, monitor and report to proper authorities drug pushers and drug-users in the locality;
5. Identify organizations in the locality which shall assist in the anti-illegal drug campaign such as the Parents-Teachers-Community Association (PTCA), Sangguniang Kabataan, Boy & Girl Scouts, religious organizations, senior citizens, homeowners associations, neighbourhood associations, fraternities and sororities, and other organizations existing in the city;
6. Conduct consultative meetings with these organizations/associations/groups and get their commitment to assist in responding to the drug menace in the community;
7. Conduct activities to prevent drug addiction especially among the youth through poster making, paintings, slogans & jingle contests, cultural, social and sports activities;
8. Strengthen the family in the barangay by promoting family affairs and conduct value formation for a on parental care and guidance in coordination with other people's organizations and concerned agencies;
9. Prepare a confidential watchlist of drug users and pushers found in the city's area of jurisdiction to be submitted to the Philippine National Police (PNP) Anti-Illegal Drug Task Force and the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) for their validation or verification leading to the arrest and filing of appropriate charges;
10. Call on the Philippine National Police, pursuant to Section 51 (a) of RA 6975, as amended by Section 62 of RA 8551, to conduct periodic or unannounced onsite inspection of dens, resorts, bars, karaoke bars, nightclubs and other establishments or houses suspected of being used as drug dens or place of sale or delivery of prohibited drugs and substances;
11. Recommend to the City Mayor the revocation of Business Permit of any business establishment found to be the site of the deliveries, sale and use of illegal drugs and substances;
12. Provide support to the PNP and PDEA that is necessary in its sustained operations against illegal drugs;
13. Ensure that all Punong Barangays of the city shall perform their responsibilities as embodied under RA 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002) and in other pertinent laws and relevant issuances of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG).
14. Perform other related responsibilities as may be assigned by competent authorities.
SECTION 3. COUNCIL SECRETARIAT. — There shall be a Council Secretariat which shall handle the administrative and technical activities of the City Anti-Drug Abuse Council (CADAC). Specifically, the Secretariat shall prepare plans and programs for the consideration of the Council; supervise, direct and monitor, for the Council, implementation of approved policies, plans and programs; undertake liaison and coordination of activities with appropriate agencies of the government and provide a forum for interdisciplinary dialogue and deliberation of illegal drug-related issues.
The Executive Assistant V of the Office of the City Mayor shall act as the Secretary General, and shall be assisted by the City Public Information Officer.
SECTION 4. REPEALING CLAUSE. — All other order, issuances and memoranda issued inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION 5. EFFECTIVITY. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Done this 21st day of July 2016 at Cotabato City, Philippines.