WHEREAS, Executive Order No. 273, Approving and Adopting the Philippine Plan for Gender–Responsive Development (PPCD 1995-2025) mandates agencies to incorporate GAD concerns in their agency performance commitments, annual budget proposals and work & financial plans;
WHEREAS, PCW-NEDA-DBM Joint Memorandum Circular (JC) No. 2012-01, or Guidelines in the Preparation of the Annual GAD Plan and Budget and Accomplishment Report requires GAD Focal Point System to lead the formulation of a GAD agenda and review the GAD plans and budgets (GPBs);
WHEREAS, all departments of government including their attached agencies, offices, bureaus, states universities, and colleges, government-owned and controlled corporations, local government units and other government instrumentalities shall establish and/or strengthen their GAD Focal Points System or similar GAD mechanism to catalyst and accelerate gender mainstreaming within the agency or local government unit;
WHEREAS, the creation of the GAD Focal Points System (GFPS) shall be composed of agency head or Local Chief Executive as chair; an executive committee composed of local government officials and a technical working group and a secretariat which shall be composed of representatives from various offices within the local government unit;
NOW THEREFORE, I, ATTY. FRANCES CYNTHIA J. GUIANI-SAYADI. By virtue of the powers vested in me as the Mayor of Cotabato City do hereby amend the composition of the City GAD Focal Points System (GFPS) and defining its duties and functions; to wit:
SECTION 1. COMPOSITION:
SECTION 2. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A. Executive Committee. It shall act as the policy and decision-making body of GAD Focal Points System specifically:
1. Provide proper interventions to any defined need on women and gender equality concerns;
2. Responsible for allocating funds as well as fund sourcing to all GAD plans, programs, activities and projects;
B. Technical Committee. It shall act as coordinating body and working arm on women and gender concerns specifically:
1. Responsible to plan, prepare, package and submit GAD plan of actions to GAD Focal Points System (GFPS);
2. Provide support and assistance in creating and strengthening the GAD Focal Points System in the 37 barangays of the city;
3. Coordinate, monitor and conduct visitation in all GAD projects/activities within their respective areas, and recommend appropriate action/s to address gender equality concerns;
4. Consolidate, prepare and submit quarterly accomplishment and financial reports to the City GAD Focal Points System.
SECTION 3. GAD SECRETARIAT. Two (2) staff from the City Planning and Development Office shall act as Secretariat who shall monitor and record the activities of the GFPS.
SECTION 4. FUNDING. Funds for the operating expenses of the GFPS shall be appropriated out of the 5% MOOE from the General Funds (GF).
SECTION 5.REPEALING CLAUSE. All orders, issuances and memoranda issued inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed and or modified accordingly.
SECTION 6.EFFECTIVITY. This Order shall take effect immediately.
DONE in the City of Cotabato, Philippines this 6th day of March 2017.