NOW THEREFORE, I, JAPAL J. GUIANI, JR. Mayor of the City of Cotabato, by virtue of the powers vested in me, by law, do hereby order that the Local School Board (LSB) be reconstituted.
SECTION 1. Composition. The Local School Board (LSB) shall be composed of the following:
SECTION 2. Functions. The Local School Board shall:
(1) Determine, in accordance with the criteria set by the Department of Education (DepEd), the annual supplemental budgetary needs for the operation and maintenance of public schools within Cotabato City and the supplementary local cost of meeting such needs, which shall be reflected in the form of annual school board budget corresponding to its share of the proceeds of the special levy on real property constituting the special education fund (SEF) and such other sources of revenue as the Code and other laws or ordinances may provide;
(2) Authorize the City Treasurer to disburse funds from the special education fund (SEF) pursuant to the budget prepared in accordance with applicable existing rules and regulations;
(3) Serve as advisory committee to the Sangguniang Panlungsod (SP) on educational matters such as, but not limited to, the necessity for and the uses of local appropriations for educational purposes; and
(4) Recommend changes in the names of public schools within the territorial jurisdiction of Cotabato City for enactment by the Sangguniang Panlungsod.
SECTION 3. Prohibition from Delegation- The performance of the duties and responsibilities of the officials mentioned in Section 1 shall not be delegated.
SECTION 4. Meetings and Quorum-
(1) The Local School Board shall meet at least once a month or as often as may be necessary.
(2) Any of the co-chairmen may call a meeting. A majority of all its members shall constitute a quorum. When both co-chairmen are present in a meeting, the City Mayor, as a matter of protocol, shall be given preference to preside over the meeting.
SECTION 5. Compensation and Remuneration –The Chairman, Co-chairmen and members of the Local School Board shall perform their duties as such without compensation or remuneration, as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160. However, they shall be entitled to necessary traveling expenses and allowances chargeable against the funds of the Board.
SECTION 6. Repealing Clause. All other order, issuances and memoranda issued inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION 7. Effectivity. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Done this 28th day of July 2010 at Cotabato City, Philippines.