SECTION 1. Composition.
OFFICE OF CIVIL DEFENSE
CITY HEALTH OFFICER
CITY SOCIAL WELFARE OFFICER
CITY GENERAL SERVICES OFFICER
PHILIPPINE NATIONAL RED CROSS
CITY FIRE MARSHALL
COTABATO FIL-CHINESE FIRE VOLUNTEER
SECTION 2. The Cotabato City Crisis Management Committee shall function according to a set of guidelines and protocols that will be established initially by the Committee and progressively refined through its ongoing experiences. The Committee will also develop, recommend and adopt a typology of crises/emergencies that will guide the decisions and structural involvement of all its members and functional units in any situation that arises.
As part of its charge, one of the Committee's first tasks is to develop a set of operational policies and procedures. Proposed for inclusion are the following essential items:
1. Definition of role and responsibilities
2. Procedure for assessing the magnitude of a crisis
3. Communication tree
4. Procedure for upward communication/liaison
5. Procedures for communicating with external authorities and predetermined persons "in charge"
6. Procedures for communicating with internal constituents
7. Criteria for success
8. Termination of the Committee's response
9. Built-in assessments and reviews [drills, evaluations, expiration, update and renewal of policy and procedure statements, etc.
10. Budget proposal and justification for relevant material and fiscal resource needs.
SECTION 3. The Committee will reach a state of operational readiness after it develops an initial set of policies and procedures. It should then remain poised to respond. The parameters of its initial response should include the following duties and tasks:
1. Determining the extent or magnitude of an event. Activating an appropriate level of response.
2. Contacting Committee members.
3. Implementing the appropriate type and level of internal operational support.
4. Identifying the need for and level of external support.
5. Identifying and communicating the level of senior management that is required.
6. Defining the scope of a notification roster and developing an agenda for an initial communication meeting.
SECTION 4. The Committee shall ensure the effective response to any crisis as well as to provide necessary post-crisis assistance to those affected.
SECTION 5. In the event of a crisis, the Committee shall meet every six (6) hours to assess the situation and recommend to the City Mayor any alternative and/or contingent actions necessary.
SECTION 6. A Secretariat shall be organized to assist the Committee in the handling of its records, documents and correspondence. It shall be headed by the Secretary to the City Mayor.
SECTION 7. All other order, issuances and memoranda issued inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
SECTION 8. This Executive Order shall take effect immediately.
Done this 21st day of August 2010 at Cotabato City, Philippines.